Job Purpose: Plan, direct, and coordinate the activities of purchasing materials, products, and services.
Essential Job Functions:
• Initiate and maintain effective and professional relationships with suppliers (actual and potential)
• Negotiate pricing for programs buys
• Purchase materials, components, and/or services at the most cost effective price, ensuring the meeting of quality standards and delivery requirements
• Analyzes requirements to ensure accuracy and integrity; determines future needs, review min/max and economic order quantity.
• Develops targets, monitors, and report supplier performance, and works with the Quality team to drive improvements
• Address and resolve the dispositions of rejected and/or non-conforming materials, components and/or services. Works with supplier and quality to implement permanent corrective actions.
• Coordinate with suppliers for material and parts ensuring the ability to meet production requirements and quality standards. Expedite purchased materials as needed.
• Oversee negotiations for the Purchasing department (MRO, VIM, parts, subcontract services, supplies raw material, and tooling supplies)
• Initiate and obtain the quoting of raw materials and components for the Program Management team
• Analyzes, evaluates and controls inventory of finished goods and purchased components
• Advises management of market trends (economic conditions)
• Participates in supplier audit process
• Follow all company policies and procedures as applicable to position
• Follow all clean-up and housekeeping procedures
• Understand and follow health, safety, security, and environmental practices
• May be required to travel between company locations
Non-Essential Job Functions:
• May be required to visit suppliers, tradeshows, etc
• Other task, duties, and responsibilities as requested by the Controller or other members of management
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities and physical demands. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 5 years in a manufacturing environment
• 2 years of purchasing experience
• APICS Certification desired
• Automotive experience preferred
Abilities, Skills and Knowledge:
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers
• Ability to read and comprehend instructions
• Ability to perform math functions of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
• Ability to solve practical problems
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
• Ability to operate computer and working knowledge of typical office programs – i.e. Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project
• Requires sitting, intermittent standing, and walking
• Regularly required to talk and hear
• Occasionally required to reach above shoulders, climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, or crouch
• Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
• Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls
• Training requirements as applicable to the Quality Management System and Environmental Management System
• Primary work is performed in office area
• Noise level in the work environment is usually loud
Protective Equipment required: (In Manufacturing area)
• Steel-toed work shoes
• Ear plugs
• Safety glasses with side shields
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
For more information contact HR@waukeshametal.com