Job Purpose: The Engineering Intern will interact with the engineering, production and sales staff to understand the Company’s products and processes and provide engineering and cost estimating support to the sales and program management team.
Essential Job Functions:
• Work with Program Managers to assist/learn the process of preparing customer quotes
• Assist in research, design and construction of tools, fixtures, dies, guages and other tooling
• Assist with the launch of new products
• Assist with improving the quality and efficiency of the manufacturing processes
• Learn to understand the basic interactions with domestic and international customers
• Follow all company policies and procedures as applicable to position
• Understand and follow health, safety, security, and environmental practices
Non-Essential Job Functions:
• Other tasks, duties , and responsibilities as requested by the Engineering Manager or other member of management
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
• High School Diploma or GED
• Must be enrolled in a Manufacturing, Mechanical or related Engineering Degree program
• Solidworks and/or other mechanical design based programs
Abilities, Skills and Knowledge:
• Knowledge of material category analysis, component costs, engineering process and product development processes
• Able to read and understand blue prints and other engineering documentation
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as dimensions, tolerance, etc.
• Ability to operate computer and working knowledge of typical office programs – i.e. Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across functions and organization
• The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of the Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand: use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms
• Training requirements as applicable to the Quality Management System and Environmental Management System
• Primary work is performed in office area
• Noise level in the work environment is usually loud
Protective Equipment Required:
• Steel-toed work shoes
• Ear plugs
• Safety glasses with side shields
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
For more information contact HR@waukeshametal.com