Job Purpose: The primary task of this position is to work with production and all support teams to assure that the quality of product and stability of processes meet the requirements of the customer(s), interested parties, and the QMS system.
Essential Job Functions:
• Take lead role in APQP and PPAP. Developing Process Flow Diagrams, Process FMEAS, Control Plans and assuring timely launch of new projects from the Quality support area.
• Interface with Manufacturing, Engineering and Program Management to ensure successful and timely transfer/implementation of new products in accordance with customer requirements and timelines.
• Support the production process through supplier evaluation, monitoring, and development.
• Lead teams in the development of permanent corrective actions (8D) on internal and external non-conformances. Determination of root cause and corrective/preventative action plans when non-conforming and / or scrap material is present, moving towards zero defects policy.
• Active participation in the performance of internal procedure and process audits of the company’s quality system (LPA’s, 5S’s, IATF, etc.)
• Responsible for ensuring the quality systems are maintained in accordance with the IATF, AS9100, ISO9001, and ISO14001 standards and any customer specific requirements.
• Actively support company objectives and policies.
• Activitely support and lead continuous improvement activities to further the business growth and development.
• Lead or participate in non-conforming product review MRB board process.
• Ensure compliance with and follow health, safety, and security practices.
Non-Essential Job Functions:
• Back-up for QA personnel (inspectors, auditors, technicians, & manager).
• May be required to travel, attend trades shows, seminars, etc.
• Other task, duties, and responsibilities as requested by the Quality Manager or other member of management.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Bachelor’s Degree in engineering preferred
• ASQ Certification (Engineer, Auditor)
• Three to five years of experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• ISO/ IATF System experience
• 1 year related manufacturing experience
Abilities, Skills and Knowledge:
• Ability to communicate effectively throughout all levels within the organization both written and verbally
• Creative and progressive thinker with problem solving skills
• Highly organized
• Able to operate computers and software such as Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, etc. related to managing the Quality Management System
• Have understanding of quality philosophies, principles, systems, methods, tools, standards, customer expectations, supplier performance, improvement systems and professional ethic
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers
• Requires sitting, intermittent standing, and walking
• Frequently required to talk and hear
• Occasionally required to reach above shoulders, climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, or crouch
• Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
• Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls
• Training requirements as applicable to the Quality Management System and Environmental Management System
• Primary work is performed in manufacturing area
• Noise level in the work environment is loud
Protective Equipment Required:
• Steel-toed work shoes
• Ear plugs
• Uniforms as required
• Safety glasses with side shields
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
For more information contact HR@waukeshametal.com