Ensure that product gets transported from WMP to customers and to keep products moving to and from subcontractors and suppliers in a timely cost effective manner. This position also ensures that incoming products are safely unloaded and accurately received and verified into the computer system. This position uses a forklift and hand jack to load, move and unload materials.
Essential Job Functions:
• Makes deliveries and pickups to and from customers, subcontractors and suppliers and completes paperwork
• Loads and unloads deliveries and pickups per the schedule using proper loading standards for trucks and completes appropriate paperwork
• Assists in gathering materials for subcontractors and customers per the packing slips
• Unloads delivery trucks and examines incoming shipments; follows established procedures to reject damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper and supervisor to rectify damages and shortages
• Receives incoming items into computer system and routes items to departments/warehouse
• Maintains the delivery truck in good working order per maintenance checklist
• Assists in loading and unloading standard trucks
• Follow all company policies and procedures as applicable to position
• Follow all clean-up and housekeeping procedures (5S).
• Understand and follow health, safety, security, and environmental practices
Non-essential Job Functions:
• Travel may be required
• Other tasks/duties, and responsibilities as requested by the Operations Manager or other member of management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be aable to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
• Requires a high school diploma, or equivalent.
• Valid CDL License (as per DOT requirements- Class B) and clean driving record required
• 1 year previous driving experience
• Forklift experience
Abilities, Skills and Knowledge
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers
· Ability to read and comprehend basic instructions
· Ability to perform basic math functions of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
· Requires sitting, intermittent standing, and walking
· Occasionally required to reach above shoulders, climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, or crouch
· Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
· Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls.
· Training requirements as applicable to the Quality Management System and Environmental Management System
· Primary work is performed in manufacturing area
· Noise level in the work environment is usually loud
Protective Equipment Required:
· Steel-toed work shoes
· Ear plugs
· Safety glasses with side shields
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
For more information contact HR@waukeshametal.com.