This 1st shift position ensures that product gets transported from Waukesha Metal Products to customers and to keep product moving to and from subcontractors and suppliers in a timely, cost-effective manner. This position also ensures that incoming product is safely unloaded and accurately received and verified into the computer system. This position uses a forklift and hand jack to load, move, and unload materials.
Essential Job Functions:
• Makes deliveries and pickups to and from customers, subcontractors and suppliers and completes paperwork
• Loads and unloads deliveries and pickups per the schedule using proper loading standards for trucks and completes appropriate paperwork
• Assists in gathering materials for subcontractors and customers per the packing slips
• Unloads delivery trucks and examines incoming shipments; follows established procedures to reject damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper and supervisor to rectify damages and shortages
• Receives incoming items into computer system and routes items to departments/warehouse
• Maintains the delivery truck in good working order per maintenance checklist
• Assists in loading and unloading standard trucks
• Follow all company policies and procedures as applicable to position
• Follow all clean-up and housekeeping procedures (5S).
• Understand and follow health, safety, security, and environmental practices
Education and/or Experience:
• Requires a high school diploma, or equivalent.
• Valid CDL License (as per DOT requirements- Class B) and clean driving record required
• 1 year previous driving experience
• Forklift experience
Contact HR for more information at HR@waukeshametal.com