Basic Function: The Accounts Receivable Specialist position is accountable for collecting the maximum amount of overdue funds from customers, which may include a variety of customer location techniques, collection methods, legal claims, and the selective use of outside collection services.
- Posts customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions
- Posts revenues by verifying and entering transactions from lock box and local deposits
- Updates receivables by totaling unpaid invoices
- Maintains records by scanning and/or filing invoices, debits, and credits
- Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, customer service, and from customers
- Resolves valid or authorized deductions with appropriate transactions.
- Resolves invalid or unauthorized deductions following procedures
- Resolves collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history and credit limits
- Organize collection activities to maximize cash receipts and minimize past due account balances
- Issue dunning letters to overdue accounts
- Issue credit hold notifications
- Coordinate customer credit changes with CFO and VP Sales
- Recommend bad debt write-offs
- Maintain accurate records about the customer payment status
- Summarizes receivables by maintaining invoice accounts; coordinating monthly transfer to accounts receivable account; verifying totals; preparing reports on an as needed basis
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed
Desired Qualifications: 3+ years of Accounts Receivable experience. Must speak Spanish. Associate’s degree in business preferred, but not required. Must be detail oriented, with the ability to work independently.
Supervisory Duties: None